Wellversity Release of Liability Form
- Before participating in any activity on Wellversity, I agree and acknowledge that I am responsible for my own body and will not do anything that does not feel good for me. I am fully aware that participation in any activity on Wellversity such as yoga or QiGong involves risks and I accept all the risks.
- “Claims” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury or death in connection with participation in any activity on Wellversity. “Released Party” means Wellversity or any of its affiliates, teachers, and their respective representatives, directors, officers, agents, employees, or volunteer staff.
- I agree and acknowledge that:
- I am in proper physical condition to participate in any activity on Wellversity and am aware that participation could, in some rare circumstances, result in physical injury.
- I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured.
- I will also not engage in activities on Wellversity while driving or operating machinery.
- Any advice I take from teachers on Wellversity is meant for education or entertainment purposes only and I will always consult my physician or therapist before making life-changing decisions.
- I hereby, for myself and for my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, fully release, waive and forever discharge any and all rights or Claims I may have, now or in the future, against any Released Party, even if the Claims are based on the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of a Released Party or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, I further release any recourses which I may now or hereafter have resulting from any decision of any Released Party.
- I agree not to sue any Released Party for Claims, even if the Claims arise from the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify (reimburse for any loss) and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability (including any reasonable legal fees they may incur) defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
- I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the Activity. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice.
- I understand and intend that this document act as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, the release of liability, agreement not to sue, and indemnity.
- I have fully read and understood this agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am waiving certain legal rights I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Released Party.
By joining the Wellversity platform and before participating in any classes, videos, or resources on Wellversity understand that I am responsible for my own body and will not do what does not feel good for me. If I am not sure if a new exercise regime such as yoga is good for me I will first consult my doctor.
By becoming a Wellversity free member I accept and agree to the terms and provisions contained in this agreement.